Strange problem starting car – Toyota Camry 2.4 L 4-cylinde 2005

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Strange problem starting car – Toyota Camry 2.4 L 4-cylinde 2005

• ws1511
    Community Member
    February 26, 2022 at 10:11 pm

Hi,

Odd problem starting my car this morning. The ignition came on fine, but I realized basically all the dashboard gauges were out. I think the only ones working were the gear light and the headlight light. The car also refused to shift out of park—this is an automatic transmission. I shut the car off and tried a second time, a few minutes later. Same thing: the car turned on, but no dash displays and the car wouldn’t shift out of park.

I was thinking this might be a fuse issue (?) and went inside to research. But about 10 minutes later, I went out and gave it another try, and everything started normally. So now I’m very confused.

Only other thing to add, and I don’t know if this could have any relation: it snowed about 4-6 inches last night. I have good snow tires and despite the car’s low clearance was gonna give it a go to get out of the driveway, without having the neighbor plow. So prior to this whole saga starting, I shoveled out the car and drove in reverse through the snow, like 30-40 feet, just to see how it went. It seemed fine, so I shifted out of reverse, drove forward to my parking spot, and shut the car off. When I went to turn the car back on in order to turn it around and try going forward out the driveway, that’s when this whole error started.

ANY THOUGHTS? THANKS!

Brand: Toyota
    Model: Camry
    Year: 2005
    Engine: 2.4 L 4-cylinde

MSelleen
    Administrator
    February 26, 2022 at 10:17 pm
    Up
    Down

Sounds like there is condense or water somewhere. I would check for signs of condense or water in the fuse boxes! I would also check the ground between the battery and engine or between engine and body. Check if there is signs of corrosion on the ground wires there!