Gearbox Issue – Hyundai Tucson 1.6 petrol 2018

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Gearbox Issue – Hyundai Tucson 1.6 petrol 2018

• louthefirst
    Community Member
    November 17, 2021 at 11:27 am

I have a issue with my manual 6 speed gearbox where it does 2 things.

1) It jumps out of second gear whilst driving. it does this whilst changing gears AND when driving already in gear.

2) It get stuck in reverse gear and wont come out unless you roll forward. When it is in reverse I cannot get it out even if I turn the car off. The only way is to reverse to where you need to go to and allow the car to roll forward a tiny bit.

I took it to the main dealer who said they can’t find anything wrong but suspect that if there is it may be the clutch (I had to wait 1 1/2 months for that appointment).

I personally do not see how it can be the clutch if it happens whilst driving already in gear and also I cannot take it out of reverse even if I turn the engine off.

Brand: Hyundai
    Model: Tucson
    Year: 2018
    Engine: 1.6 petrol

old garage mechanic
    Community Member
    December 9, 2021 at 4:48 pm
    Up
    Down

It jumping out of gear   could be from not being completly in gear.  Hyundai Tucson 1.6 petrol 201 has had a number of problems with the Hyindia some are listed in Edmonds.   Have the garage check for correct level of transmission fluid.

MichaelHRitzel

MSelleen
    Administrator
    November 17, 2021 at 9:55 pm
    Up
    Down

Hello. I think there should be an adjustment for the shifter linkage on your car model if I remember right. You need to check the shifter linkage to ensure nothing is damaged there, and then a slight adjustment to the shifter linkage could solve the issue with some luck. Did the dealer take a look at the linkage/adjustment, if there is any?