Chevy strut replacement – Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2017

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Chevy strut replacement – Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2017

• Hunter28
    Community Member
    April 14, 2024 at 7:40 pm

I’m replacing my struts and I have a cap (sensor) plugged onto the top of the strut connected with a wire that I can’t get off. I’m not sure how to remove it without breaking it. It’s a High Country Chevy truck.

Brand: Chevrolet
    Model: Silverado 1500
    Year: 2017

alexcray
    Community Member
    April 29, 2024 at 4:10 am
    Up
    Down

To replace the struts on a 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, you’ll need the right tools and parts. Begin by ensuring safety measures like parking on a level surface and using wheel chocks. Lift the truck with a jack and support it securely. Remove the front wheels and access the struts behind them, possibly needing to remove other components. Take out the old struts and install the new ones, ensuring proper tightening. Reassemble any removed parts and repeat the process on the other side. Lower the truck, tighten the lug nuts, and test drive it for any issues. Following the vehicle manual or seeking professional help is crucial, and consider a professional alignment after the replacement.

Online Marketing Services Provider