Knocking noise turning right – Toyota Camry 2.4L 2006

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Knocking noise turning right – Toyota Camry 2.4L 2006

• haseebtehsin
    Community Member
    December 17, 2021 at 3:31 pm

I am experiencing a knocking noise while turning to the right side. Took it to the mechanic, he changed the wheel bearing, the noise went away for some days but I could hear something brushing underneath the car with something else. The same noise came back today. Can be seen in the video link attached, both the last time and this time, it started off occasionally while turning slight right. Then as I kept driving the car, it became constant while turning to right and doing a soft brake. After that, it became consistent the last time and I am suspecting it will happen this time again if I keep driving it. I have noticed that if the engine is accelerating, the noise goes away but as soon as I leave the pedal to maintain speed or if I brake, the noise starts and I can actually feel it on the passenger side. Also causes some vibration in the car. Can you guys please suggest what could the possible causes be? I suspect this is the right cv axle but I am not sure. I need to order the parts online to get this fixed as getting the parts locally is difficult and also very expensive so I need to make sure that I am ordering the right parts.

Brand: Toyota
    Model: Camry
    Year: 2006
    Engine: 2.4L

MSelleen
    Administrator
    December 17, 2021 at 9:30 pm
    Up
    Down

Check again so the mechanic tightened the wheel nuts properly, difficult to say from a video but it definitely sounds like that!! If not that, it really sounds like the noise is following with the wheel speed, so a look at the CV joint would be the first thing to check as you said. Raise the wheel up and spin the wheel and feel if the CV joints feel tight both on the left and right sides.