Loud accelerator? – Nissan Altima 2012

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Loud accelerator? – Nissan Altima 2012

• MamaP
    Community Member
    October 27, 2022 at 3:32 pm

For all I know this is perfectly normal. I just bought a 2012 Nissan Altima with 110k miles on it that drives wonderfully smoothly, I took it to a mechanic when I bought it and they looked it all over and gave it a clean bill of health, they even went on the road with me to see how it drove, it doesn’t have that scary transmission slip or the ticking noise when I put on the brake that my old Versa was having, the check engine light isn’t on. Drove it home from Pittsburgh to Steubenville and then 3 hours on the freeway to Columbus without any problems, EXCEPT that it’s a very loud accelerator. Sounds like a race car, or my daughter says “it sounds like a vacuum cleaner.” It’s so loud that sometimes I can feel the vibration of the noise in the car when I accelerate, it doesn’t shake the car it just tickles my hands. I looked it up and one article on the Altima mentions “acceleration can be quite loud” but I don’t know how loud is normal and how loud means something is wrong!  If it’s just an annoying feature of the 2012 Altima I don’t care, I can’t afford to be fussy. But if this is a problem  I should get checked I’d like to know!

Brand: Nissan
    Model: Altima
    Year: 2012