Air Conditioning Died? – Nissan Altima 2.5 L 4-Cylinde 2007

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Air Conditioning Died? – Nissan Altima 2.5 L 4-Cylinde 2007

• Thomas_Khoi
    Community Member
    June 4, 2022 at 11:33 am

One day when I turned on my vehicle I watched the AC system flicker a few times before dying out. It wouldn’t turn back on so I guessed that it might have blown a fuse. I replaced all of the fuses that seem to pertain to the AC even though none of them seemed to be blown. What else could be the problem?

Brand: Nissan
    Model: Altima
    Year: 2007
    Engine: 2.5 L 4-Cylinde

Boki
    Community Member
    June 7, 2022 at 1:27 pm
    Up
    Down

Thomas_Khoi, based on what you’ve described, it is most likely that the AC dashboard (the panel with all the knobs and displays for the AC system) has died out. And with it not working, you are not able to turn on the AC.

Thomas_Khoi
    Community Member
    June 7, 2022 at 9:15 pm
    Up
    Down

After swapping around the relays and further fiddling we came to about the same conclusion. Do you know the best fix for something like the dashboard being broken? Is it something I can easily and safely take apart and fix myself or should I go to someone more professional?

Boki
    Community Member
    June 8, 2022 at 12:22 pm
    Up
    Down

If it was up to me, I would buy a second-hand AC panel. Unless you know your way around electronics and have needed tools, this would be the easiest way.