Power Saving/ABS/Stabilitrak – Chevrolet Equinox 2.4 2010

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Power Saving/ABS/Stabilitrak – Chevrolet Equinox 2.4 2010

• hodgecam
    Community Member
    August 12, 2022 at 9:41 am

I have a 2010 Equinox 2.4L with nothing but issues. We swapped the motor, and everything was working fine for the last two years, The other day I was driving, and the vehicle popped up power saving mode and then the abs light came on and then stabilitrak service light then all the lights in the car went off and the car died on the highway. I got it towed back to my house and I changed the battery. Everything was working fine for a few days. Today I go to start it and drive it and then the same thing happens. The abs turns on the stabilitrak service and power save mode. It’s drivable but seems really bogged down. My wife drove it as well and she said she heard grinding by the wheels. I didn’t hear it. The vehicle has always had an issue with starting on first crank. After you crank it and let it sit a second and try again it starts no problem. I don’t trust it to drive to have it scanned but before all this happened, we changed the tire pressure sensors. We changed the wheel bearings. Cleaned the throttle body. Checked brake fluid. Changed all brakes. Like I said after we changed everything it all worked fine no lights now all of a sudden it is doing it again. Can anyone suggest anything or has had any experience working on the piece of garbage equinoxes and can offer me a suggestion to get this fixed. The car is in excellent condition, and I’d hate to just scrap it off.

Brand: Chevrolet
    Model: Equinox
    Year: 2010
    Engine: 2.4

Boki
    Community Member
    August 16, 2022 at 4:07 am
    Up
    Down

It looks like your car is going into limp mode. Now, a number of things may be causing this.

You’ll really need to start by checking for error codes using a scan tool. This will help narrow down the problem.