P1009 Code won’t go away – Honda Accord 2.4 K24 2004

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance P1009 Code won’t go away – Honda Accord 2.4 K24 2004

• hondadude20
    Community Member
    December 3, 2021 at 12:20 pm

Hello, I’ve had a p1009 code for a while. I’ve tested and cleaned the solenoid, the strainer, and changed the timing chain/tensioner. I’m assuming it’s the actuator. Is there anyway to check it before ordering a new one? I’m not hearing the typical grinding noise, and the engine runs fine.

Brand: Honda
    Model: Accord
    Year: 2004
    Engine: 2.4 K24

MSelleen
    Administrator
    December 3, 2021 at 9:18 pm
    Up
    Down

Hello. First I assume you checked the basic things like ensuring you use the right motor oil type, newly made oil change and have a good oil level.

It could be a faulty actuator, but from what I can find it seems quite mechanical so would double check all other things first.

Would rather test the solenoid with a scanner to see if it’s opening and closing like it should

I found a service bulletin related to the issue, but it seems that only cars from 2005 and above are affected, anyways here it is if it could help somehow:
    https://f01.justanswer.com/clmcr8/a67df03d-95db-4e54-bd3e-4776912ac32d_PCMupdate.pdf

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by MSelleen.
    hondadude20
    Community Member
    December 3, 2021 at 10:25 pm
    Up
    Down

The oil was fine but I went ahead and changed it. Code still came back.

Also I tested the solenoid using the battery and it opened and closed as it should.

Yeah I saw the service bulletin, which made me question if it could be the actuator. It just seems odd it isn’t grinding, and isn’t apart of the typically affected vehicles.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by hondadude20.