Complicated fuel/wiring problm – Audi A3 2.0 TFSI 2006

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Complicated fuel/wiring problm – Audi A3 2.0 TFSI 2006

• Sejo323
    Community Member
    July 27, 2022 at 2:01 pm

Hello everyone,
    I have been having an issue with either my hp fuel sensor (G247) or something else on my A3 2.0 tfsi 2006. The problem is very elusive and intermittent. The car loses all power for a split second and continues as if nothing happened, doesnt matter if at idle or full power, problem occurs randomly and during all stages of engine operation.I sometimes get a check engine light (once every month or two). the code is P0192 fuel rail pressure fuel sensor low input but the problem occurs almost daily. I managed to record the moment of the problem with an obd2 device , the fuel pressure dropped to basically 0 and came back up after a second. I have replaced the sensor , I have also replaced the wiring for the sensor, cleaned all contacts on the harness and ECU.
    What do you think I should tackle next? Fuel pump relay? Fuel pump control module?
    The wires were replaced by an electrician and I was not present so im not sure what was the extent or quality of his work. I will post the graph of pressure drop. What confueses me is the small blip before the pressure comes back up. Does that indicate that the pressure really DID drop or could that be due to bad contact/wiring.
    The electritian told me that there could be a bad contact inside the ECU itself. So im not sure if there really is a problem with fuel supply or is it the wiring
    Sry for the long post and thank you

Brand: Audi
    Model: A3
    Year: 2006
    Engine: 2.0 TFSI

Boki
    Community Member
    July 28, 2022 at 9:50 am
    Up
    Down Accepted answer

<p style=”text-align: left;”>That’s an odd one. A typical ‘gremlin’, so to say.</p>
    Have you noticed if this issue was more frequent or prominent with changes in outside temperature?

I.e. more frequent now in summer than it was during winter.

Sejo323
    Community Member
    July 28, 2022 at 12:02 pm
    Up
    Down

I’d say no but I can’t be sure. It seems to happen more when I drive on rougher roads for prolonged amount of time.
    But what are you thinking, how could temperature influence things?

Boki
    Community Member
    August 9, 2022 at 9:27 am
    Up
    Down

If vibrations (driving on rough roads) seem to have an effect, you might have a loose connector.