Check engine light that vanish – Honda Accord 4 cylinder 2.4l 2007

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Check engine light that vanish – Honda Accord 4 cylinder 2.4l 2007

• carnewbie
    Community Member
    May 3, 2022 at 8:21 pm

Hello All,

Recently my car started burning engine oil and throwing p0420 error, current odometer reading is at 262k miles. Initially I thought it was O2 sensor and catalytic convertor, I was planning to change them both…by accident I found out that when I open both the engine and gas tank cap, the check engine light disappears, it stayed like that for about 400 miles and came back on after that. I kept on doing the little trick from the last 3000 miles, and read on one of the forums that pcv can cause that, I went ahead and replaced it, but the check engine light came back on. Now I am curious to find out what’s causing the check engine light. Do you guys ever come across this issue before, if so can you please let me know what you did to fix this?

Thank you in advance!!!

Brand: Honda
    Model: Accord
    Year: 2007
    Engine: 4 cylinder 2.4l

MSelleen
    Administrator
    May 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
    Up
    Down

Hmm sounds strange because these things are usually not related, could maybe cause the ECM to recheck the values. But check the EVAP lines and other vacuum hoses to ensure there are no leaks. I would also test a catalytic converter cleaner in the tank and diagnose the catalytic converter properly before replacing it

P0420 Code – Meaning, Causes, Symptoms (& How to fix)

MarkDoronin
    Community Member
    May 30, 2022 at 3:11 pm
    Up
    Down Accepted answer

I agree, the solution can be banal and save a lot of money!

carnewbie
    Community Member
    June 11, 2022 at 6:40 pm
    Up
    Down

Thank you very much guys!!!