Abs fuse / No crank No start – Chevrolet Silverado 6.6L V8 2011

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Abs fuse / No crank No start – Chevrolet Silverado 6.6L V8 2011

• [email protected]
    Community Member
    October 1, 2023 at 10:12 am

The old Dirtymax has been giving me more issues than the wife lately. Starting out a month ago, the front breaks started locking up on me every 5-10 times I pumped them. I’d then have to bleed them to get the calipers to release. I brought it in to my local mechanic, he ended up changing the break booster and the master cylinder, only after realizing changing the lines didn’t fix the problem.

I had the truck back and running fine for about a week, when I tried starting it… and nothing. The old no crank and no start… along with abs light, service trailer break system and park assist off lights were glowing. I also couldn’t establish communication with the scanner.

After 2 days of searching for a bad fuse or wiring, I noticed a ding when I pulled the abs 40 amp fuse. Sure enough it started right up with the fuse out, but not when I tried to replace it with a new fuse.

I apologize for the novel… just want to be as detailed as possible. Any suggestions on this issue are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brand: Chevrolet
    Model: Silverado
    Year: 2011
    Engine: 6.6L V8