Digital dash not working – Kia Sorento 2.0 Turbo 2016

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Digital dash not working – Kia Sorento 2.0 Turbo 2016

• Ryleighsdad209
    Community Member
    September 2, 2022 at 1:46 pm

Looking for some help.   I have a 2016 Kia Sorento with the digital speedometer, only the speedometer is digital, the temperature gauge, fuel gauge, and tach are not digital.   Lately the speedometer has been malfunctioning.   Sometimes it will blink on and off while I am driving, sometimes it blinks off and stays off, sometimes it will stay on but freeze and not work.   I have also noticed that the seat belt chime does not work when the speedometer it out or frozen, the clicking of the turn signals does not work when it is out or frozen (but the turn signal itself does work, just no clicking sound), and the backup alarm does not work when it is out or frozen (the camera still works but it will not alarm me when I am getting too close to an object).   I did take the dash apart and took the cluster out of the dash and found that it appeared to be in very good condition with no visible defects.  I am really looking for a direction here, so I don’t have to pay an arm or leg to have someone else look at it.   Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Brand: Kia
    Model: Sorento
    Year: 2016
    Engine: 2.0 Turbo