TSC lights on (Changing tires) – Volkswagen Golf 2007

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance TSC lights on (Changing tires) – Volkswagen Golf 2007

• Amana-Gaidum
    Community Member
    November 20, 2021 at 8:29 pm

Hi,

I have a Skoda Fabia Combi 1.2 from 2007.

I’m new here so I hope I caan get some help here. I was today and changed from summer tires to winter tires. When I was done and started the car, both of Transaction control system (TSC) and Control system for exhaust lights are on . These started my tires changing.

Have I accidentally make any cable or similar loose. If so, where can I check this?

https://community.mechanicbase.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/2489/clyvs3w0htc5vygl9ylezly2b3ktg0tw.jpg

Regards,
    Amana

Brand: Volkswagen
    Model: Golf
    Year: 2007

MSelleen
    Administrator
    November 20, 2021 at 9:29 pm
    Up
    Down

You could have damaged or moved the ABS sensor wires if you are unlucky. Another reason could be if the front and rear tires are different sizes. This could lead to different speeds on the wheels which will trigger an ABS error.

The easiest way forward is probably to read the codes from the engine and abs control module though to know which wheel to start the troubleshooting at

old garage mechanic
    Community Member
    December 1, 2021 at 10:49 pm
    Up
    Down

check the pressure in all the tires.   this could be why the check engine light is on.  There is sensors in the wheels that relay information to the computer with refernce to tire pressure.   Scan the car and see what error codes come up.

MichaelHRitzel