Temperature issue – Ford Fusion 1.6 ecoboost 2013

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Temperature issue – Ford Fusion 1.6 ecoboost 2013

• Mehmet6610
    Community Member
    January 15, 2024 at 3:35 pm

In 2013, I bought my 2013 model Fordfusion SE 1.6 Ecoboost engine car in the USA. My car had 6000 miles on it when I bought it. It had flooded before I bought it. I used my car without any problems until 2021 (I used it in the USA between 2013-1016, and in Turkey after 2016). The only point that caught my attention until 2021 was this. On hills, the temperature gauge would suddenly stop and return to normal values. It gave its first malfunction in 2021. When we removed the cylinder head, the metal piece at the end of the spark plug broke off and bent the valves. We repaired the vehicle with new valves. We drove it for 7-8 months without any problems and then the vehicle started to emit white smoke. They said there might be a fault in the turbo. We had the turbo removed and repaired. Afterwards, we used it for a while (5-6 months) without any problems and white smoke came again. Then the engine had a complete problem. This time, not only the cylinder head of the engine melted, but also one of the pistons. They put a ring on the engine and we repaired and reinstalled the top cover. The vehicle worked smoothly for a while. Then one day, when I wanted to turn it on, there was no electricity. When the master checked it, he said the brain was burned. In Turkey, we bought the brain of a Ford Mondeo with a 1.6 ecoboost engine and had the software updated. It didn’t fit our car. I sent the VIN number of my vehicle to a company in America, and they installed software into the brain and sent it. The master put on the brain. Now the vehicle is running, then when you press the gas, the temperature needle reaches the end and the car protects itself. We changed the engine completely. It gave the same problem again. I brought the brain from USA (I gave the VIN number and the software was thrown away), still the same problem. Since the vehicle was flooded, we now suspect the cables.

Brand: Ford
    Model: Fusion
    Year: 2013
    Engine: 1.6 ecoboost

alexcray
    Community Member
    March 11, 2024 at 2:34 am
    Up
    Down

Flood damage can cause a multitude of electrical issues that can take time to surface. Corroded wires or connectors could be causing malfunctions in various parts of the engine management system.

Online Marketing Services Provider