P0011 Trouble Code – Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 L 4-cylinde 2010

Car Forum Trouble Codes P0011 Trouble Code – Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 L 4-cylinde 2010

• bb08
    Community Member
    April 7, 2022 at 9:28 pm

I used the OBD2 reader and the error code P0011 popped up. My car has been a bit shaky when I speed up past 60 MPH. My service engine would also come up at random times. I searched up on google and it said it might be the camshaft timing or the timing belt. I just did an oil change so I don’t think it could be the oil. I’m just wondering what the problem is or if I need to replace any filters or anything. Thank you. Please help.

Brand: Mitsubishi
    Model: Lancer
    Year: 2010
    Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinde

MSelleen
    Administrator
    April 11, 2022 at 9:41 pm
    Up
    Down

The P0011 code indicates something is wrong with the variable valve timing. Yes, you need to check the camshaft timing and ensure the oil level is correct. A common cause is the camshaft position sensor or oil control valve. However, sometimes a PCM reset/relearn helps!

MarkDoronin
    Community Member
    June 9, 2022 at 10:58 am
    Up
    Down

If there are problems with the engine or the Check Engine light comes on, the driver must immediately go to the service or independently diagnose the car using a scanner. One of the errors that the master runs the risk of encountering during diagnostics is encrypted under the code P0011. It stands for “Camshaft Position Error”. Error P0011 indicates that malfunctions have been found in the variable valve timing system, expressed by the operation of the camshaft with excessive advance.