Cant shift car into gears – Honda Civic 2019

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Cant shift car into gears – Honda Civic 2019

• smartkid724
    Community Member
    February 1, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Greetings,

I had bought my first car with my father and it was a wrecked Civic Si, we fixed it up got it inspected and the clutch went bad within a day of driving. I never beat on it and drove carefully so it was a bummer and I was guessing it was the work of the old owner. My main priority was to get it fixed but no mechanic wanted or could do it, or they were charging an arm an leg for labor. Me and my Father took the job into our own hands and took out the transmission and replaced it our selves. But once we put the car together I cant put the car into any gears besides 1 and 2. I’m thinking it possible we accidentally moved the gear selector on the transmission when it was out, if so how can I find the right placement again, Or what could be the other issue ?

Thank you for any Reponses !

Brand: Honda
    Model: Civic
    Year: 2019

MSelleen
    Administrator
    February 1, 2022 at 10:26 pm
    Up
    Down

Yeah its most likely the gear selector shifter cables that are either out of adjustment or installed incorrectly. Check both cables to ensure they are installed correctly. If you can post a picture of the gear selector arm and shifter cables it would help 🙂