Acceleration issues – Ford Taurus 2006

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Acceleration issues – Ford Taurus 2006

• tehjay
    Community Member
    April 20, 2022 at 7:54 pm

First my car is a 2006 Ford Taurus there was no option under car model for taurus.

A couple days ago my car started To feel like it’s missing when I accelerate especially when I go up Hills the car almost comes stop. I’m thinking it is the MAF we checked all the oil and fluids in the car and that’s all fine we refilled everything and the transmission fluid seemed to really help it but the issue was still there.

does anybody know why my car would be gibbering every time I accelerate it almost feels like dropping the clutch in a manual car.

Brand: Ford
    Model: Taurus
    Year: 2006

MSelleen
    Administrator
    April 20, 2022 at 8:00 pm
    Up
    Down

Your car has OBD2, so you need to check the trouble codes in the engine control module and possibly the transmission control module first of all, and continue after you got that information!

tehjay
    Community Member
    April 21, 2022 at 2:19 am
    Up
    Down

Ok I’m going to take it up to the auto parts store tomorrow and have them check the codes and then I’ll post what they are here after.

Tried to find a friend that had a scanner and no luck :/

tehjay
    Community Member
    April 21, 2022 at 10:48 pm
    Up
    Down

ok so I found a friend with an OBD2 scanner and the results were:

P0353 (2/3) stored
    ignition coil C

Primary/Secondary circuit

i was told this is a cheap fix but I’ve not encountered this issues before and have no idea what this repair is entails. So any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you again so much for the help.

MSelleen
    Administrator
    April 22, 2022 at 7:38 pm
    Up
    Down Accepted answer

Yes it seems like there is a bad ignition coil on cylinder 3. You would want to check the spark plugs and replace them if they are worn. If there are separate ignition coils, you can try to switch the ignition coils on another cylinder to see if the issue is moving to another cylinder also. However, if it’s only one ignition coil for all cylinders on your engine, you need to diagnose it or replace the whole coil pack.

tehjay
    Community Member
    April 22, 2022 at 11:03 pm
    Up
    Down

Awesome thank you so much, your help is very appreciated. Sounds like a pretty cheap fix I can’t do my self, big relief.

Thanks again. this website is awesome 🙂