4R75W No Forward Gear – Ford Expedition 5.4 Triton/4R75 2005

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance 4R75W No Forward Gear – Ford Expedition 5.4 Triton/4R75 2005

• FordDriverPro82
    Community Member
    March 24, 2022 at 8:44 pm

i change the 1-2 and 3-4 accumulator, but the 3-4 was the one with broken spring it was broke up, i check the valve body and found a piece of the overdrive snap ring in there but it was from when my wife got her tranny rebuilt 4 years ago i guess because the current one in there snap ring is not broke, i replace the check balls in the valve body when i found the piece of snap ring in the valve body, plus i change the solenoids, and i jack the rear up and put it in gear after i put it back together due to no forward still happening, but when it was jack up the tires move and i was able to rev it up and the tires move faster, i know in other post its mention forward bands or forward drum, sense that piece of od snap ring was in there sense the last rebuild 4 years ago, could the od valve in the valve body be bad, cant afford another rebuild , I’m unemployed and can’t get a decent job due to bad heart and i wont risk a covid shot to be a boat captain again if that means risking making heart problem worst, if there is a way for me to fix it without having to borrow money to get it rebuilt please someone give me some info

Brand: Ford
    Model: Expedition
    Year: 2005
    Engine: 5.4 Triton/4R75