Diesel Particulate filter – Audi A6 2.0 TDI 2009

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Diesel Particulate filter – Audi A6 2.0 TDI 2009

• farayim
    Community Member
    May 21, 2022 at 7:13 pm

Hi. My car has gone into limp mode. I have had this problem about 5 or more times and each time I took the car for a consistent high rev drive above 2600 rpm for at least 25 minutes, and this solved the problem. This is over a span of 2 years plus. This time though, this worked but the issue was back within days. I repeated the process twice more and the car went back to limp mode each time and now has not resolved the last 5 times or so I took it for a high rev drive. I also cleaned the DPF at home with you tube advice. Worked for a few days after but the car is back in limp mode for the past few weeks now.

A new DPF from the dealer is quoted at over £2000 to buy without labour, which is just silly, The car itself is worth less than this now.  I found DPFs being sold from online parts companies ranging from £139 to 250. Two links pasted below. Does anyone has any experience with these cheap DPFs or anyone with a viable solution.

DPF Diesel Particulate Filter Fits Audi A4 A6 Diesel 4F2 C6 2.0 TDI 2004-2009 | eBay

IntuPart DPF Diesel Particulate Exhaust Filter Fits Audi A6 C6 2.0 TDI #1 – 5YR | eBay

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Marshal

Brand: Audi
    Model: A6
    Year: 2009
    Engine: 2.0 TDI

Boki
    Community Member
    May 28, 2022 at 9:38 am
    Up
    Down

Hello farayim

As you’ve already assumed, the DPF filter in your Audi is all clogged up. This happens as soot builds up inside and creates buildups, which more frequently affects vehicles that are often driven on short routes only. In their initial phases, it is possible to get rid of these buildups by several longer and faster drives down the motorway, or by using DFP cleaners.

However, this will not help with stubborn buildups, which you apparently have. Still, there are two things that may help.

First, you can try activating a DPF-regeneration procedure. This is only possible using a specialized diagnostic tool (VAG-COM or similar, simple code readers won’t do the trick) and will only work under certain circumstances.

Other possibility is removing the DPF from the car and sending it to a workshop that has a DPF-cleaning machine (something like this – https://dpf-revival.com/en/)

Hope that helps!