Coolant disappearing – Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 turbo 2017

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Coolant disappearing – Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 turbo 2017

• Tuimoe22
    Community Member
    June 20, 2022 at 11:30 am

I have a 2017 Camaro and I am loosing coolant as soon as I put the coolant in the car. At first it was smoking really badly so I changed out the head gasket and had a machinist do the heads for cracks and there were no cracks. When I replaced the head gasket and started the car up it ran fine until I put coolant in the car then it started smoking again. I found a crack in my turbo so I replaced that and still the same thing was happening. I found that the exhaust manifold had a crack in the inside of it and replaced it and now the car isn’t smoking but my coolant is disappearing still. I put coolant in the car and it just sucks it all down somewhere and I don’t know where it’s going. It’s not leaking under the car. And also there was no coolant in my oil before any of this either and still isn’t. I have no clue where the coolant could be going

Brand: Chevrolet
    Model: Camaro
    Year: 2017
    Engine: 2.0 turbo

Boki
    Community Member
    June 27, 2022 at 7:32 am
    Up
    Down

Hey, Tuimoe22, sorry to hear about your issues.

Do you have white smoke coming from the exhaust (more noticeable at higher engine speeds)?

Also, can you check the front footwells for any traces of coolant? The heater matrix inside the cabin may be broken.