Can’t fuel up at gas pump – Gmc Yukon 2007

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Can’t fuel up at gas pump – Gmc Yukon 2007

• Vr024Tank
    Community Member
    January 21, 2022 at 9:19 pm

So the issue is when I go to use a gas pump, it will cut off at less than a gallon and start coming back out of the filler neck. I can use a 5gallon can and a funnel to put gas in slowly.

So far I have replaced with new parts:

Filler neck assembly

Evap cannister

Evap purge valve solinoid

Evap lines

I’m at a loss here. I’m not expert I have very little experience mechanical speaking.

Is there any other options here before I disconnect the line and find someone with a snake cam to peek inside, or drop the tank completely to see if I can figure it out.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated. I will try my best to provide accurate information and feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Brand: Gmc
    Model: Yukon
    Year: 2007

MSelleen
    Administrator
    January 24, 2022 at 9:15 pm
    Up
    Down

If you have access to compressed air, remove the hose going to the tank from the EVAP purge control valve. Remove the tank cap and carefully try to blow into the hose, if it’s building pressure the hose is most likely clogged somewhere and it needs to be inspected the whole way. You can try doing this with the other hose going to the engine also.

Vr024Tank
    Community Member
    January 25, 2022 at 3:32 am
    Up
    Down

Can I disconnect the hose coming from the tank to the cap? I don’t want to send a clog into the parts that I have replaced. I will give this a try this weekend. I appreciate the advice.