2010 Civic vs 2015 Jetta

Car Forum Buying & Selling 2010 Civic vs 2015 Jetta

• herronsager
    Community Member
    December 10, 2021 at 1:45 am

I have no idea what I am doing and would appreciate any help. I am trying to decide between a 2010 Honda Civic or a 2015 VW Jetta. Both have ~55 k miles and have good service records. They are around the same price point. I want to keep this car for about 10 years and I value safety and reliability the most. Ill appreciate any advice!

alexcray
    Community Member
    March 1, 2024 at 2:15 am
    Up
    Down

Both cars have received good safety ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). However, the Civic might have a slight edge in specific categories based on the year and trim level you’re considering.

Online Marketing Services Provider

alexcray
    Community Member
    March 2, 2024 at 2:58 am
    Up
    Down

Generally considered to have a more engaging driving experience with a sportier suspension and handling.

alexcray
    Community Member
    March 7, 2024 at 2:38 am
    Up
    Down

While Volkswagen has improved in recent years, they don’t quite match Honda’s reputation for reliability. Repairs on Volkswagens can also be more expensive.

MSelleen
    Administrator
    December 10, 2021 at 8:49 pm
    Up
    Down

About the reliability, I need a little bit more information about the engine type, etc. However, Honda is often a quite simple but relatively reliable car, while you will most likely get more comfort in the Jetta. You need to consider that the Jetta is 5 years newer and a lot can happen in 5 years, even if it’s the same mileage.

To answer your question fully I would need to know what engine types you are looking at. I would suggest you to test drive both of the cars first because I can imagine that you will feel a big difference in them!