Year long misfiring problem – Suzuki SX4 2010

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Year long misfiring problem – Suzuki SX4 2010

• fridaynightbingo
    Community Member
    September 15, 2022 at 11:44 am

I have a 2010 Suzuki SX4 that has had a persistant electrical/cylinder misfiring issue all year. It started as a misfire code, so i changed all the spark plugs. Runs fine for a few weeks then begins misfiring again. I changed the ignition coils twice this year and the spark plugs three times. Every mechanic I take it to either says its fine or just wants to change out the plugs/coils again without looking for the issue that is causing them to burn out. But i know its not the parts, its something affecting the parts, some under lying cause. The plugs in the picture only have a few months of use on them and you can see they are burnt already. I live in a small town so i exhausted the mechanics i can take it to, and i only have a small amount of experience with working on cars. Would a bad alternator cause this? Is there too much power being sent to the cylinders, or too little? Any advice on a direction to go in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. What would cause my plugs/coils to keep burning out, causing misfiring and the engine running rough?

Brand: Suzuki
    Model: SX4
    Year: 2010

Boki
    Community Member
    September 19, 2022 at 9:24 am
    Up
    Down

Hey fridaynightbingo, let’s see if we can figure this outđź‘Ť

What brand of spark plugs have you fitted? And, as daft as it may sound, are you 100% sure they are right for your car?

Also, are you getting any DTC codes?

Does it get better or worse when the engine warms up?