Some sort of electrical issue – Chrysler 300 5.7 L V8 2007

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Some sort of electrical issue – Chrysler 300 5.7 L V8 2007

• 123donny789
    Community Member
    February 1, 2022 at 10:17 pm

I’ll try and simplify as much as possible. Basically when you first crank it it’ll drive ok, but you’ll here this weird buzzing noise. But for example if youre at a stoplight or stop sign and barely try to accelerate the RPMs will rapidly increase, dang near to the maximum and it’ll maintain a speed of under 20mph accompanied by jerking right until the point where it won’t drive or shift gears anymore. Shutting it off and letting it sit usually solved the issue temporarily, then once that didn’t do much I switched around the two relays shown in the image. Two relays I was told to switch around to keep the Chrysler goingRight now it’ll crank and start but wont shift at all, and gas to the floor the RPMs won’t really go anywhere. I’ll link a video that kind of shows what I’m talking about: https://youtu.be/ivfYWNWoNQg

Brand: Chrysler
    Model: 300
    Year: 2007
    Engine: 5.7 L V8

MSelleen
    Administrator
    February 1, 2022 at 10:23 pm
    Up
    Down

Your engine light seems to be on. You need to read the trouble codes from the engine control module and continue the troubleshooting from there. Maybe an issue with the throttle body, but need to read the codes to determine.