Key stuck in ignition – Chrysler Town & Country 3.6 2011

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Key stuck in ignition – Chrysler Town & Country 3.6 2011

• tcahull87
    Community Member
    July 15, 2022 at 2:30 pm

2011 town and country. Key gets stuck in the ignition, can turn it, but won’t crank. First couple of times it happened we lost all power inside the car. Jump start unlocked key and vehicle cranked The other day,We had a loose positive terminal wire on the battery, which we tightened. Thought nightmare was over, until key got stuck again but this time it happened, we retained power. I’m clueless as to what the problem could be?

Brand: Chrysler
    Model: Town & Country
    Year: 2011
    Engine: 3.6

Boki
    Community Member
    July 17, 2022 at 8:27 am
    Up
    Down

Hey tcahull87, what do you mean by gets stuck? Can’t turn in, or can’t pull it out?

tcahull87
    Community Member
    July 17, 2022 at 3:03 pm
    Up
    Down

I can turn it , but nothing happens when I try to start the engine. And when I put it back in the off position the key won’t come out.

Boki
    Community Member
    July 17, 2022 at 4:39 pm
    Up
    Down

That sounds as if the transmission range sensor is faulty. Your car needs to be in Park to turn it off or pull out the key, right? Well, with a malfunctioning sensor, it won’t know whether it is in Park or not.

tcahull87
    Community Member
    July 17, 2022 at 5:23 pm
    Up
    Down

Not sure that is the problem being that a jump start or removing battery cable always temporarily fixes it

tcahull87
    Community Member
    July 17, 2022 at 5:24 pm
    Up
    Down

But then again, if the sensor just resets after removing the battery cable that would explain it

Boki
    Community Member
    July 21, 2022 at 8:41 am
    Up
    Down

Is the Check Engine Light on, maybe?

tcahull87
    Community Member
    July 21, 2022 at 1:02 pm
    Up
    Down

Check engine is not on.  I think it’s that win module due to key being stuck in ignition plus the other day the key fob wouldn’t open the doors. When I put fob in ignition it got stuck.  Win controls RF signals I believe from the fob.