Fan heater problem – Volkswagen CC 1.2 2014

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Fan heater problem – Volkswagen CC 1.2 2014

• Vasco
    Community Member
    January 26, 2022 at 10:38 pm

Hi, I have just paid £445 to have a new fan heater in my Skoda Fabia, very long job as the whole dash board had to be taken out.” who on earth designed that!!!! On picking up the car and going for a run in it I noticed that the fan heater only works on 4 and not very well, and the switch does not turn smoothly either, called garage they said it could be the radiator? I’ve googled this and many others are saying its the resister pack that needs changing, My question is, would you really go through a 12 hours job , replace a fan heater and not check if the Heat resister is working, especially in a car that is 9 years old? and  what does the radiator have to do with the fan heater in the first place, I know zip about cars but i don’t fancy taking this car back and being charged £100s of pounds again and so any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you

Brand: Volkswagen
    Model: CC
    Year: 2014
    Engine: 1.2

MSelleen
    Administrator
    January 26, 2022 at 10:40 pm
    Up
    Down

True, if the fan is only working on setting 4 it’s probably the resistor. The old fan could have damaged/burnt the resistor and therefore the resistor should probably have been replaced at the same time as the fan. Replacing the resistor alone is often an easier job though.