Electronic parking brake error – Mercedes-benz C-Class 2018

Car Forum Repair & Maintenance Electronic parking brake error – Mercedes-benz C-Class 2018

• Tristan
    Community Member
    August 19, 2022 at 9:34 am

hi,

I have a 2018 mercedes v class and recently have had a error message come up as to the electronic hand brake, the handbrake didn’t seem to be applying automatically but would work when u pressed the button.  You cannot see whether the brake us on as the light is flashing alongside an Amber warning and message that appears. I’ve just had a mechanic plug in through the obd and he’s tried resetting it and manually applying it but it still comes up with a message. However it now just shows thr Amber warning light and the brake refuses to apply electronical handbrake. The only thing is I did the rear pads on ot a few weeks ago and didn’t put thr handbrake in service position on hindsight. However the handbrake is Cable actuated and has nothing to do with the caliper so I wouldn’t think this is related.

Appreciate some help on what I can do.

Brand: Mercedes-benz
    Model: C-Class
    Year: 2018

Boki
    Community Member
    August 22, 2022 at 11:41 am
    Up
    Down

Hi Tristan.

Do you have (or can borrow) a diagnostic tool that can access the ABS/EPB module? It’s most likely that you’ll have to re-calibrate the handbrake.